Sydneysiders are no strangers to embracing food-trends, in fact it’s a big draw for many attendees of the Sydney Royal Easter Show. From old favourites like hotdogs and ice creams to pioneering new treats like the spaghetti bun burger and the doughnut pie, you might be panicking if you’ve forgotten to bring your hand wipes!
Don’t stress, we’ve got you covered with our list of 10 foods on a stick at the show this year.
- Deep fried Oreo: each Oreo is covered in a batter, deep fried then sprinkled with chocolate sauce, whats not to love?
- Dagwood Dog: a crowd favourite, you’ll see every second person holding one of these.
- Waffles on a stick: crisp waffles served with Nutella, or strawberries, or both!
- Pizza on a stick: ham and pineapple pizza fried on a stick, it may not be traditional but it sure is delicious.
- Choc bananas: chilled bananas in choc sauce and your choice of toppings.
- Cheese on a stick: oozing cheese fried inside a crispy golden shell.
- Cheesecake on a stick: vanilla cheesecake dunked in milk chocolate, frozen and dipped into a variety of toppings.
- Lasagne on a stick: authentic Italian lasagne, perfectly portioned and fried on a stick, that’s amorè!
- Strawberries and marshmallows: succulent strawberries and tender marshmallows are skewered and smothered in rich milk and white chocolate.
- Custard Bombs: a fritter-like ball of custard, expertly battered and fried on a stick, one taste will leave you wondering why nobody thought of this sooner.